The folks at The Boy Genius Report managed to get a snapshot of the 850 – we at TamsPPC now have the full specs of the upcoming Treo 8850 due to a good friend of mine working at Palm’s(who recently got his box).
He describes the box as following:
This is not the PalmOS version of the Centro.
It can be regarded as the evolution of the 750 line of devices. The unit is a little wider, but much slimmer than the Centro, it’s 175 MB for user), 32 MB SDRAM and Windows Mobile Pro 6.1.
The Codename for this unit was “Skywriter”
Anyways, here are the full specs:
- 14 mm in thickness, width 60 mm and length 113 mm
- GSM, EDGE and UMTS HSDPA 3.6
- assisted-GPS receiver
- Wi-FI b/g
- 320*320 screen, touch panel
- micro-SD slot under the battery
- 2 MP camera
- 1500 mAh battery
- a micro-USB connector for both power and sync
- bluetooth 2.0 EDR + A2DP, 256 MB NAND-Flash (> 175 MB for user), 32 MB SDRAM
- Windows Mobile Pro 6.1.
I am especially happy to hear that Palm finally managed to give the Treo 850 WiFi and a MiniUSB port – farewell, Athena Connector. While this may be annoying for all who currently own such devices; people who travel a lot and carry many gadgets will be happy to hear that they now need one charger/cable less.
As for the rest – nothing too interesting here. Enjoy!