The folks at Resco’s have recently begun to offer add-ins and controls for Visual Studio. Their recently-announced Resco Audio makes most of the features found in Resco’s award-winning Audio Recorder available for your .NET CF application.
Currently, Resco Audio can do the following:
- Audio playback — play files or streams containing audio data.
- Audio recording — record your voice into audio data.
- Supported file types — supports the well-known audio formats: .wav, .ogg, .spx, .raf.
- Support for mp3 format will be added to the full version.
- Quality — Customize the quality of recorded voice by choosing the amount of channels, sample rate, bits per sample and the compression algorithm.
An evaluation version of the library can currently be downloaded from the product’s home page:
P.S. All people who currently have a subscription to Resco’s MobileForms will get a free full version when the product finally ships in June 2008!