SPB Traveler is an application which could be helpful if you travel a lot in different countries. The program comes with a currency converter, a flight assistant, a time converter, tips calculator, a light version of SPB Weather and a unit converter. You can also find a game with questions like ‘Which country has this flag? [picture of a flag]‘ or ‘What country has the capital Nassau?’. You have multiple choices and you have to give a right answer before you proceed to the next question. There is also a time limit which can be set to 1, 3 or 5 minutes.
The main application is the most important part of SPB Traveler. It is recommended to add your hometown if you start the program for the first time. If you found your city and selected it, SPB Traveler will show the most important information you have to know about this city:
- the current time in the selected city (useful if you travel to another time zone)
- the weather (temperatures, humidity, atmospheric pressure, and the wind direction and speed)
- the area code (for instance for Dortmund/Germany: +49 [<-- German area code] 231 [<-- local area code]
- the tips rate
- important links, like the homepage of the city
- a currency converter (more information later in this article)
- a unit unit converter (more information later in this article)
- clothing sizes (more information later in this article)
- Sunrise and Sunset
- location (coordinates)
You can adjust the view of the city list according to your wishes: Wide icons, narrow icons, two lines or one line. It’s also possible to show a map where the cities added are marked with a flag.
The currency converter knows (nearly) all currencies of the world. The input is done with a calculator which pops up if you tap into a text box. You can convert one currency into 3 others at one stroke, but don’t forget to update the currency rates via the Internet before you convert them! Any connection type to the Internet is supported.
Tune in soon for Part IIb of the review!